General Assembly: User Experience Immersive
Training provider: General Assembly
Study Mode: On Campus / Online
Duration: 12 Weeks Full Time or 6 Month Part Time
Course Rundown: Your best course for career transformation in design. This full-time UX bootcamp features expert instruction, one-on-one career coaching, and connections to top employers to get you hired.
Sign up here: This course is no longer available.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Made With — and for — Top Employers
Developed with guidance from our User Experience Design Standards Board — a group of executives from companies like Tigerspike and WarnerMedia — our upgraded UX bootcamp curriculum is primed for industry relevance.
Gain a Well-Rounded Design Foundation
Get hands-on experience applying essential tactics like wireframing, prototyping, user research, and usability testing. Dive deep into visual and user interface design, and touch on hot topics like service design and design leadership.
Go Beyond Technical Fluency
Our holistic programme prepares you to work cross-functionally with business stakeholders, product managers, and web development teams. Practise UX/UI handoffs, team presentations, design critique, and other techniques for collaborating on the job.
Pre-Work: 12 Hours of Online Tutorials
Unit 1: Data Science Fundamentals
Unit 2: Exploratory Data Analysis
Unit 3: Classical Statistical Modeling
Unit 4: Machine Learning Models
Unit 5: Advanced Topics and Trends
WHERE WILL IT LEAD ME?
From Full-Time Student to Full-Time Employment
Land a full-time role as User Experience Designer
According to General Assembly’s most recent Outcomes report, during the 2020 hiring shutdown, GA’s students, instructors, and career coaches never lost focus, and the KPMG-validated numbers in their Outcomes report reflect it.
For students who graduated in 2020 — the peak of the pandemic — 74.4% of those who participated in GA’s full-time Career Services program landed jobs within six months of graduation. General Assembly is proud of their grads + teams’ relentless dedication and to see those numbers rising. Download the report here.
General Assembly’s full-time Immersive programs in web development, user experience (UX) design, and data science are rigorous, career-driven courses designed to propel each student — no matter their experience level at entry — into an exciting new career.
Developed by industry experts and tailored to meet the demanding needs at top employers worldwide, GA’s Immersive courses position candidates for professional success. In addition to learning from and collaborating with experts, mentors, and local leaders in the classroom, Immersive students receive dedicated career support to help them achieve their goals.
Thousands of companies have hired GA graduates. Our career coaches work one-on-one with students and graduates to ensure they have tools and strategies to secure a successful outcome in their job search.
HERE’S HOW WE PREPARE STUDENTS
- A Dedicated Career Coach. This accountability partner helps keep your professional goals and job search on track, before and after graduation.
- Job-Search Prep. Delve into career development workshops in resume writing, networking, and more. Receive in-depth interview training, negotiation tactics, self-branding advice, and job search check-ins with your coach.
- Real-World Learning. Get an intimate, inside look at leading companies in the field through case studies from real businesses and insightful talks featuring industry pros.
- Partner & Networking Opportunities. Connect with GA grads at our alumni community meetups and meet local employers — from hot startups to Fortune 500 companies — at exclusive events and showcases with GA’s hiring partners.
ABOUT GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. When you learn web development, data, design, business, and more with GA, you get:
- Award-winning curriculum and expert instructors, on campus and online.
- A global, professional community of 40,000-plus full- and part-time alumni.
- Career results from leading-edge courses, with mentorship each step of the way. Founded in New York City, General Assembly is creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering short-from upskilling programs through to 12 week immersive programs designed to help you land a role in the tech industry.
Find out more about General Assembly here!